9. Lublin Jazz Festival / Jazz in the City: Trio Cukier (PL)
The band was founded in 2015. It consists of three young musicians. Music of the trio is electroacoustic improvisation. Michal Kasperek is Free Jazz drummer, he plays with prominent figures of free-jazz-improv scene, and initiated the musical series “Free Jazz for Lovers”. He is also an active community member of WIO musicians (Warsaw Improvisers Orchestra). Lukasz Kacperczyk – deals with electro-experimental music. Member of the Sounds of the Night Sky, and Modular String Trio. He participates in Warsaw Improvisers Orchestra. Piotr Mełech is self-taught clarinetist and improviser referring both to do the jazz tradition, European avant-garde, free improvisation and the wider ethnic music. He played with renowned American cellist Fred Lonberg-Holm, participates actively in the musical activity of the Warsaw Improvisers Orchestra. He collaborated with the Theatre “Strefa Ciszy”, poets from Poznan: Edward Pasewicz and Szczepan Kopyto, winner of the third prize fifteenth competition of Polish Radio Folk Music “New Tradition”.
So far, the band has recorded two albums: “821”, and well accepted “Road to Recovery” recorded for Wounded Knife label.
Michał Kasperek – drums, objects
Piotr Mełech – clarinets, electronics
Łukasz Kacperczyk – electronics
- 24.04.2017 19:00
- The “Grodzka Gate – NN Theatre” Centre - The House of Words / Żmigród 1-Królewska 17 Lublin
- free admission / free tickets available at the box office of the Centre for Culture in Lublin / Peowiaków 12
- Online tickets
- not available
- Ticket office opening hours
- 10.00-19.00 monday-friday and 1 hour before the event / tel. 81 4666140